Monday, February 18, 2008

Inspiration on a sunny Monday.

Every once in a while, I'd like to share with you the individuals I find inspiring. Most of them will be completely unrelated to dance.

Albert Einstein.
Scientist. Artist. Philosopher.

While Einstein is probably most famous for his theory of relativity, I admire him more for his views on creativity and imagination and for his personal integrity and quiet brilliance. Today I want to share with you some of his philosophical wisdom. I hope you find these words as inspiring as I do.

The ideas that have lighted my way have been kindness, beauty and truth.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty.

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

It would be better if you begin to teach others only after you yourself have learned something.


Who inspires you?

No comments: